PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2014, 00:52
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh so many layers to the PelAir onion…??

While we are waiting for…the Miniscule’s (Government) response to PelAir report, the numerous Estimate QONs & the WLR games to begin...maybe a brief examination of how we’ve got to this abominable, watershed point in time i.e. the PelAir embuggerance...??

Para377 post # 323:
One of the greatest concerns is the power, obstinance and free will of the LSD. Although they purport to be relatively hands off from most non legal decisions made at CASA that simply isn't true. And their powers, authority and decision making is not clear within CASA's charter or structure.
Part One: AAI ‘blame game’ (SOP) according to Jonathon.

Remember this…
…. “I was very closely involved in the development of the MOU and the situation that preceded it. If I could just say something that might put some context for both Senator Fawcett's question and Mr McCormick's answer, it might help a bit. Firstly, the rationale for the new MOU was to create an environment in which, if I may put it this way, as much information as appropriate could be exchanged between the agencies. The motivating factor at the time had far less to do with any concerns on the part of the ATSB with information CASA was not providing to them but rather information that the ATSB in the past had not provided to CASA….”

That was a rather interesting insight into the FF LSD rationale for the PelAir shenanigans, especially given the Doc freely admitted that he was one of the main architects of the 2010 MoU...

Passing strange then that nearly 18 months after the release of the 2010 MoU, of which the Doc was a co-author, there was an article published in the Sept/Oct 2011 Flightsafety mag titled.. Accidental Justice – Just culture and criminalisation of accidents..that would seem to put at odds both the evidence given in the Senate inquiry and the subsequent treatment of the DJ since the day of the ditching.

So to some JA quotes from that article…

Note: Keep in mind this was in 2011 and smack bang in the middle of the DJ shafting by Wodger Wabbit & other DIPs.

Moving right along…

Note: Rather past experience/humiliations with cases being chucked out by the CDPP on dubious evidence has led to a preference for admin shaftings via the AAT..

The Doc’s views on ‘just culture'…

And..

And more on the Doc’s preference for shafting pilot miscreants…

Oh and on safety risk mitigation…

The most disturbing part, in regards to the PelAir aberration, is that the Doc (with all these conflicting messages) apparently chaired the ICAO multi-disciplinary task force (reference: pg 13 ‘Part 4: The ICAO response’) that looked into the protection of safety information (& supposedly the criminalisation of aviation accidents)…hmm wonder whether the taskforce members are now fully aware of the PelAir embuggerance…??

More to follow….