PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 27th Jan 2014, 09:11
cyclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terminus

You are wrong on so many levels. If you saw the pressure applied by the big operators when the weather is poor, the back-log develops and general leading questions as to why a captain has decided that the flight isn't going ahead, then you wouldn't say that it is all down to the operators. The operators are like any other business when it comes to leadership etc., some good, some not so good. Generally, they are trying to react to an ever changing requirement and it is a race they can never win and still remain profitable. I don't know much about the structure of the oil companies, but I do see the shop floor result on a daily basis and I can assure you, it ain't pretty.

If the oil companies and their aviation experts can do it better and safer, know all the answers as HC says, then why aren't they? Because, it is easier to drive the price down amongst competing contractors. I would like an oil company pension and equivalent salary to the OIMs, so bring it on, I am ready to sign up.