PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2014, 20:25
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope: not biting Frank.

Bad Frank, naughty. There exist many strange and wondrous beliefs and creeds in the world; there are acres of floor space dedicated preserving the life functions of people who believe they are the Queen's own corgi (bless), or were Ghengis Khan in a previous life, some hear funny voices, some have strange vices: Gods creatures all. There are zealots and harlots, Laurel and Hardy; hell my Grand Mama has some pages stuck together. Folk believe all kinds of strange nonsense and if a bloke wants to believe any old rubbish, he is constitutionally guaranteed that right. There are of course certain subjects which should be avoided in social situations, like the conversation you had with the March hare, or your all expenses paid trip through the looking glass; and even a mention of the fairies at the bottom of the garden will have 'non-believers' looking askance. Aye, there's nowt so queer as folks. I do however find the eccentrics diverting and mildly amusing; most of the time.

You see, you are in no trouble at all, provided you know stories are just that: some of my most treasured books are pure fiction, some are even pure fantasy; but I know that. It is rather lovely to immerse your mind in a well written tale telling of strange creatures living on different planets with hero's, beautiful heroines, and dastardly villains. When you leave the book world, (or walk out of a theatre) (or turn off the TV) – grim, stark reality awaits. The men in white jackets will only turn up when you start to truly believe that the fiction is indeed 'facts and circumstances'.
Titania - “My Oberon, what visions have I seen!
Methought I was enamored of an ass. AMND 4.1.