PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 24th Jan 2014, 14:41
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
For colour here is a transcript of Bill's opening gambit on the last earnings call:-

Thank you, Linda. Good morning to all of you and thank you for joining us on our fiscal year 2014 second quarter earnings call and I'm going to start on slide five, as I always begin talking about safety. As always, our commitment to Target Zero is our fundamental goal and serves as a cultural touchstone for our company. Touch wood to this point: year-to-date our air safety performance has been consistent with our Target Zero goal with no accidents or no incidents reported so far, obviously a great credit to the entire team around the world.
However, we continue to be vigilant and as I just said, touch wood, highly collaborative within Bristow and highly collaborative outside, which I'll talk about in just a few minutes. Our goal is to improve safety performance not only within Bristow but also help improve the safety performance in the entire industry.
On ground safety, we were challenged. We were able to continue to reduce our lost work case rate from an non-acceptable high of 1.26 per 200,000 man hours in April to 0.44 in September. Good work on everybody's part to improve from a really bad start. We are highly focused on making improvements in the area of safety.
And to this end, I would like to formally introduce Steve Predmore as Bristow's Vice President and Chief Safety Officer, who's just joined the company. Steve's job is to further our grab to Target Zero work to improve safety across the entire industry and as I said within Bristow and outside. Steve has a long and proven track record of outstanding leadership in aviation and ground safety including 11 years with JetBlue Airways as Vice President and Chief Safety Officer and six years with Delta Air Lines as Director of Safety Performance and Quality.
Bringing in world-class safety professional to further our air and ground safety capability will make Target Zero a reality sooner and, most importantly, more sustainable for our clients, passengers and our employees worldwide.