PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 24th Jan 2014, 14:18
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
As I think I've made clear I'm not inside the industry - my interest was fuelled as a mate working for Total when 225s started shunting.

That said it is clear that there is division and that it is all too easy to sit back on regulation before action, in other walks of life that is commonly termed closing the gate after the horse is down the lane.

HC there is clearly history between you and TM and whilst I don't disagree that the customer is going to call the tune at least TM describes actions which are self motivated and noble (for want of a better term).

Perhaps number of seats, HUMS, crew training, equipment fit and type certification are as good as they can be and in the end we have to accept accidents can happen - although that doesn't seem to fit with your view on the variance between HUMS between operators.

What is still a mystery is you have the group called HSSG so where is the intelligent conversations inside that? Bristow's CEO constantly bangs the zero accident policy - which he seems very sincere upon.. yet perhaps any good policies from that could be spread industry wide and finally the manufacturers. Ironically in a June 2012 note from HSSG you can see that the main players are in disagreement on HUMS.

The detail is irrelevant but lets not pretend that there isn't a forum for debate and make change if there was the motivation. It shouldn't take the publication of AAIB reports years after the event before evidence of the work starts, and they shouldn't be the driver of change.