PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2014, 19:20
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I certainly know it is most unlikely QR will ever come to Cork - the point being made is that it is technically possible with their 787 aeroplanes.

In a small way I like EI A330-300's attitude saying that 'Whenver (QR) they decide to come to Ireland.' Arrogant too of course but on the whole it is gives a positive outlook.

And it is something which has been so lacking at Cork, isn't it? Just one excuse after the other - recession, weather, runway, catchment area, snn independence, the motorway, the busses etc, etc all while the hard working fat cats of the DAA draw a nice salary safe in the knowledge they are another week closer to their pension knowing that the new terminal is full in the morning in Dublin and that there is plenty capacity available at Dublin for the QR flight after 1 pm!

Is FJR13 seriously trying to tell me that the machinations of the DAA and the SAA has not damaged Cork. Witness the Warsaw and Krakow flights. Whether it is liked or not Cork remains the second city of this Republic and the airport at Cork needs to be treated with more respect and the naming of what was know as Aer Rianta as the Dublin Airport Authority was wholly inappropriate from day one.