PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jabiru Bad experience
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2014, 10:11
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work in their airconditioned Melbourne based satellite office We do all of their test flying out of the Melbourne CBD.
ahhh so that explains the Jabiru excuse that some are operating them in the incorrect weather zones in Australia leading to some failures...

There's one in Tassie that regularly flies to Vic or at least it used to until it spent months in a hangar at LTV whilst parts were continually shipped back and forth from Germany. Problems with the injection system. All the experts were at a loss to work out what went wrong and when it was "fixed" it burped and farted the second half of the trip to Tassie again. I have also heard numerous other reports of issues, but on the other hand have also heard a number of good stories.

I would be fairly confident that they will resolve them
At least Rotax are actively working to resolve the problems with operators, unlike Jab who just seam to keep blaming the operators, and hiding away all failed components and not finding out what causes the issues..

and from what i have been reading, the issues with the 912Is most of the issues are computer and sensor related, the mechanicals of the engine are sound as always. its not going the throw a rod, snap a through bolt, drop a valve etc. a 912IS would make a great replacement for my 912ULS when its reaches TBO. would give me an 8 hour endurance!