Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2014, 00:28
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Salut Confit,

I have not reached page 103 yet...

Your quote from Capt Asseline:
"Pour décoller de Bâle-Mulhouse, j'avais positionné les manettes des gaz dans un cran intermédiaire (FLX MCT), déterminant une poussée réduite au décollage [...]"

The CVR quotes the copilot's FMA call as "Thrust...", which happens to be abbreviated (as you know) to "THR" on the thrust FMA.

I therefore infer that the throttle levers were placed in the FLX/MCT gate (i.e., Flexible T/O thrust was commanded for take-off), but that no assumed temperature was presemt in the FMGS.

For other readers, the flexible-thrust "assumed temperature" is a device to order the engines to develop the lower T/O thrust associated with a higher ambient air-temperature than that pertaining on the day. It is calculated before departure as part of the T/O performance calculation, and entered manually into the PERF / Take-Off page of the FMGS by the flight crew. When the throttle levers are placed in the FLX/MCT gate for take-off, the thrust FMA should read "FLX nn", where "nn" is the assumed temperature, e.g., "FLX 53".

Last edited by Chris Scott; 23rd Jan 2014 at 15:07. Reason: Last sentence corrected. Spelling corrections and syntax improvements. 3rd para corrected, courtesy of CONF_iture's post.