PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jabiru Bad experience
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2014, 11:21
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JR

Hey hold on, I was up the front

There might have been a bit of rooting around but I got the most important question right
You did indeed. Nice to survive that test! Rutanaround was in the BN class though. More ratbags per sq M.....ohh hang on, no there were a lot from SA.

Merv, they do say they are OK on Premium Mogas, and they may well be. They approve them for 98RON, but I am not sure nor does it really matter about what they were certified with, but it would have been avgas at the time.

The engine itself doesn't care much, its all about getting it to the engine.
Old Akro The engine may not care much, but it does notice, but just like the STC's for many of the small HP carby engines, the engine will will see a change in the thetaPP no mater what. The fuel does not know the engine. It may well be fine on the PULP.

OA, think about this a bit more especially with hot heads.

The jab engine was designed around 100MON avgas. It may well be fine on BP/Caltex 98 and they do say in factory SB's that 95+ is OK, but lord only knows what was being run in it so far in this thread, hence my question.

PS : OA
Ignition timing might (come in Jaba).
The latency off the fuel affects the effective timing. In other words the sparks go off at 'X' DBTDC but the peak pressure and ThetaPP are directly affected. Longer latency of Avgas will mean lower ICP as a result of the later ThetaPP. As for heat and the energy produced, yep 100% agree.