PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop bashing "P2F"
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2014, 13:59
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a delusional 19 and Flying A Jet

I can only hope that this thread was started by a troll looking to raise the hackles of pilot who got their jobs through honest means.

I'm 19-years-old. I got a job with easyJet two months after my nineteenth birthday and I now have just over 200 hours on type to go with the 160 I got at OAA. I'm lucky and I believe you make your own luck in flying. This is also based on what I'm told being a third generation pilot with both my Father and my Grandad flying forty-plus year careers with British Airways and it's predecessors.
There was not luck whatsoever in you getting a job with EZJet. How can you make such a statement? You were not even self sponsored. How much did your Father and Grand Father pay for their jobs?

P2F is the future because it makes no sense in growing older after having just paid all the money you do to obtain a fATPL and sitting on your backside doing , working menial jobs or taking flying positions that don't allow you do to what you ultimately want - fly a jet. If you are happy to piston pound and fly turboprops all day, fair play, but don't bash someone who invests in their future by paying money for something that ALL the airlines today want - a type rating and hours on type.
Don't insult this forum by insisting you paid for your training with your own funds. You were fortunate enough to have the financial backing of your family. Poppa and Grand Dad are also a part of the problem rather part of the solution. They are enablers of the system and deserve comment too. Financially, 19 you had your ratings and job handed to you on a silver platter. Too bad your family members, also airline pilots condone the instant gratification route to cockpit rather than honest means through instructing, missionary flying or charter.

It is a gamble but you don't get anywhere without taking a risk. I did not pay for my type rating or my line training and I was lucky that I went straight in from OAA.
Enlighten us 19... who footed the bill for your flight training?

How about those who paid for their own ratings, built up time through instructing or charter flying? Don't you think they are more deserving than you? What makes you more eligible for the job them?

Others are not as lucky and are making their own luck. If you do not have the money, cannot justify it or are for whatever reason unable to pay for a type rating or hours on type, it's going to be a long wait for you to get a job in this climate on a jet and even if you are able, you'll essentially pay for it through a lesser salary or in another way.
I will say this 19... you were lucky to be born into a family with an aviation background... that it. You are a member of the privileged.

My advice is if you have the money, pay it and take a leap of faith - everyone will eventually have to do the same, you'll just reap the rewards earlier.
You are not qualified nor mature to give advise. Don't insult the intelligence of this forum to say you paid for all your ratings on your own. You were most fortunate to have your Pop and Grand Dad help you get to where you are today.

Perhaps 19, your thread should have been a testimonial of thanks to Dad and Grand Dad for sponsoring your training. Too bad for them there was not one acknowledgement to them for their support for you either. That's a sign of ingratitude and immaturity on hour behalf.

As long as there are ungrateful miscreants, such as yourself 19 who are willing to short cut their way into the cockpit, there'll always be P2F schemes.

Last edited by captjns; 19th Jan 2014 at 14:36.