PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hello
Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2014, 03:28
ReverseFlight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi. Sorry to tell you, you are wrong in many aspects. I have been in this industry for 10 years but time and time again I see newbies are fed the wrong info. I have been watching this thread with interest and I am going to tell you the brutal truth, so that you can take stock and live a real life.

Forget the AE. It isn't really happening for 250 hour wannabes, and btw that's just a minimum figure. Unfortunately you just don't fit the profile.

If you are planning to train in Canada, then you can also forget about joining another airline in HK in default, as CAD requires you to have ATPs which you can't do in Canada until 750 hours. Many have fallen into this trap.

There is little difference in cost for an airline to train you as a cadet or AE. It's all about market demand and supply.

You are not the only one with money to train. I know of lots of 250 hour CPLs who have been waiting for years for a chance to get into any airline in HK. Many of them don't even have a current job, as pilot skills are not readily transferable into other jobs.

Don't become a pilot for the money. This is now the case all over the world, not only HK. Join it only for the passion for flying. If you need the money, do something else instead.

Your best shot in the industry is to train and work in Canada as you have citizenship. Don't just awe at shiny metal (airlines), general aviation is much more fun and I dare say might make you a better pilot in a shorter time.You will have to be prepared to tour and live across the provinces to find a job. You won't find a job living at home.

Please wake up.