PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sky News reporting bizjet crash Jan 12
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2014, 08:50
Annex14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CP
Fully agree, just another point hit!! Wanted to write that earlier but drifted off the case.

Meanwhile I have spend some time with the evaluation of the pictures 3 - 5 - 7 of Hd´s post # 46.
Clearly visuable in # 7 is the second and parallel running powerlines. None of these was obviously touched or cut.
On # 3 one has to look at the steel structure - how it is bent and into which direction. If one draws a line through the most rearward(eastern) and most foreward(western) main structure of the pole it becomes obvious they were not on a final heading. The main hit was on the most right (Sout - southeastern) structure and the impact happened in a direction that leeds toward final heading / centre line.
From this observations I take - assumption - that indeed they were following the Autobahn and - because well aware of the local situation - knew they had to turn right upon passing the exit "Klausen" on A 1/48 to position on final for Föhren.
What obviously never came to their mind is the little ridge with the power poles on top of it. Looks very different from a normal approach path and angle. Obviously in an avoiding manoevre because of the ridge they undershot the first powerline and collided than with the pole of the second.

Because of this theory I tend not to believe they used some kind of a home braided approach procedure, though this possibility cannot totally denied.
Jo