PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA medical delay
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2014, 23:20
Jerr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IS this too long to reply to an email

Lucky me, slight problem with my medical. My DAME said not a problem when I renewed back in October. My DAME complimenting me on my weight loss, reduction in Cholesterol, renewed my medical with the 2 month limitation.

Just before Christmas I got a letter from AVMED requesting more information on my health.

Got said information...sent to AVMED. Called several times, went to voicemail. Sent an email Dec 23rd, got the following reply...

Thank you, your email has been received on behalf of Avmed by the Permissions Applications Centre (PAC).
If you sent in an enquiry, this will now be actioned by a member of the PAC Team as soon as possible, and you can expect a response within 10 working days.
In the meantime you might be able to find out what you were looking for on our website www.casa.gov.au/avmed
If you sent in a report, this will be scanned ASAP on to the Medical records system for consideration by AvMed.
You can call Avmed by calling 1300 4 AVMED (1300 428 633) during business hours.
For any further enquiry, please remember to include:
- Your ARN
- Your full name
This message has been delivered to you via an automated process.
Regards,
Avmed

Now Jan 15th, and still have not heard anything. Of course I no longer have a medical, cannot fly. As Old Akro said, luckily I also do not reply on my medical for my income.

IS 10 working days too long to reply to an email??? Most of my clients/students expect instant replies...

Is AVMED in the real world? I assume they are with the way the fee they charge for the review of the medical and the way they quickly deducted their fee from my credit card. But with the way they seemingly have no customer service, it makes me wonder?

Grounded JERR