PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly in Spain Jerez - personal review PPL training
Old 12th Jan 2014, 21:18
downsetgo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yp12,

I have not done a night rating yet. However I am thinking about it. And I will propably go for it at Fly In Spain. Reason is that I know there are really good professional instructors (no resignated hobby instructors as I have experienced in another school).
The only thing to keep in mind is, Jerez Airport closes at 2200 or 2300 local time as far as I remember. So during summer there`s not a lot of time to fly between sunset and airport closing for night flying. Propably better during winter time.

Accomodation:
The owner of the school has 2 apartments he rents out. The apartment I was in the first week has 3 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen and a living room, completely furnished and Wifi. I met cool people (CPL students and instructors) who also had a room in the apartment. It is not completely in the center of Jerez but also not far away (10-15 minutes walk to bars&clubs). It took me around 12 minutes with the car to get to the airport.

However, after one week or so I moved out and rented a whole flat in the center of Jerez for myself. Nicer location, nicer apartment (for myself), only 50 Euros more per month than the room in the shared apartment. I found the price for this one bedroom in the shared apartment from the school quite expensive in local comparison. On the other side it is uncomplicated and quickly available which is good for people who don`t speak spanish (spanish almost mandatory for finding a good & reasonably priced apartment in Spain) and don`t stay long anyway.