PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2014, 13:00
JDA2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As already noted, I enjoyed the day at OAA; there was uncertainty in some areas but I approached everything positively (if pushed, my only worry coming out of the process was that I may have been too enthusiastic/ambitious in the interview). Better to repair the roof than to drip on the students, and I'm sure qualifying pilots will have to deal with worse distractions - good practice

I will not be drawn into a game of one-upmanship, but I have flight time in the (very) low three-digit range and almost everyone I chatted with on the subject had at least a couple of hours flying or gliding experience. Whilst the programme is indeed open to all, I would agree that going in with no experience at all would seem to be a distinct disadvantage and perhaps a tactical error.

One chap had flown all the way across the Atlantic to be there and held a Masters Degree in Aerospace Engineering, and another had come from Singapore. "Competitive" does not begin to cover it! Still, an experience in itself, and one which I value regardless of the outcome.