PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Challenger crash at KASE
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2014, 09:11
lifeafteraviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some people are confusing the registration information easily found online with the operator information. Some of the hints in this thread that the airplane was possibly being operated by a Mexican outfit with a US registration may prove interesting as well as the nationality of the crew.

I'm anxious to learn about the nature of the operation, commercial or private?...if they were not waiting for the passengers in Aspen it smells a bit like a brokered charter operation although we won't know until the NTSB issues a preliminary report. Arizona was a customs stop from Mexico.

The cause of the accident is pretty clear...the nature of the operation will be what interests me and why those pilots were compelled to make such an incredibly poor decision.

As far as the video...it amazes me that pilots post videos of their landings on YouTube in the first place but if it's a sloppy approach and landing like that what on earth are they thinking? We all make sloppy landings once in a while but why brag about it? They must have thought it was a good one.

phollard... That is NOT an example of a good approach and landing at ASE!