PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tianjin Airlines
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2014, 10:57
lifeafteraviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK....are there any international laws against misleading and outright false ads for job recruiting?

Hopefully it's not illegal to tell the truth so let me set a few things straight here.

The latest ad from Tempo Aviation reads....

E190 & E145 job captain jobs, great pay package, choices of roster pattern, A320 rating provided
Rapidly expanding Chinese regional carrier is looking to recruit current E190 Captains to fly their brand new aircrafts.

Great package, comfortable roster pattern and brilliant training opportunities. The Airline offers A320 type rating training to E190 captains after a period of service.

The contract can offer:

Upto US$17,000/month after tax service fee for E190 captains

Ascending annual bonus up to US$15,000

Choice of roster patterns including one month on one month off

US$8,000 travel allowance and discounted tickets for pilots and family

Bases in Hainan Island and other locations
First of all, I don't know how current this is. To my knowledge they aren't hiring any E145 Captains. They haven't in more than a year and a half. The E145s are slowly being sent to Africa to fly for another carrier and they have scaled back the operations.

The rest of the ad is not very accurate. See my posts above.

Tianjin Airlines has NEVER, transitioned a foreign captain from an EMB to the Airbus nor are there any current plans to do so. They've been making such promises for years now but have never stepped up or even said if they ever will. There are foreign Embraer captains that have been at Tianjin Airlines for almost five years now.

It is definitely a good pay package but not a comfortable roster. The E190 and A320 captains fly very long days back to back and typically spend five days on the road at a time in sub standard hotels. Anyone who tells you the hotels are ok hasn't stayed in a decent hotel in a long while.

There is no longer a one month on one month off roster except for people still on the old contracts. The new contract is one month off just three times a year only...then two months where you only get three weeks off (training months), and one month where you get two weeks off and two weeks on. Also the pay is 4K less per month for this option.

There's only one slot for a foreign captain based in Hainan island and it's taken....no "bases."

Also, you start out at only 60% pay for the first 45 days, then 80% until you complete your ground and line training through line check which typically takes anywhere from three to six months. Also, no vacation or travel home is allowed during this period and vacation time doesn't begin to accrue until you are at 100% pay so don't expect to go home soon after you arrive.

Just trying to set the record straight...I hate misleading advertising trying to take advantage of pilots.

That being said... this is not necessarily a bad opportunity and there are many good things about this company as well. Just please don't take the BS hook line and sinker and then regret it later.