PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seeing in the New Year - Alone !
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2013, 21:50
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seeing in the New Year - Alone !

In six plus years as a C130 Ground Engineer (I know, nothing compared to real Ground engineers like Libby) I managed two away from home. As one of only two, from thirty plus, who lived on "the patch" the other four were spent on "stand by at home" for OP Ferdy and Banner, or similar. I think I had one year in the six that I was really "at home". I know for a fact that many of my Aircrew colleagues of the time had similar experiences. That covers the Albert fleet, did this situation cover the rest of the RAF, I ask having seen a piece in a newspaper today that suggested that the "military" effectively "stand down" over holidays these days. I know for a fact that many are doing exactly as I did this year in Afghanistan, and I for one sympathise, and send my thanks to you for continuing to serve our country. But, who is doing stag this year in the UK? I wish all on duty, off duty and like me, retired, but keen PPruners a very Happy New year, a swift return to your loved ones and the very best for your futures.

Smudge

Last edited by smujsmith; 31st Dec 2013 at 18:31.