PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2013, 20:57
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think everybody should have the option to comment on this should they choose to so will post here publically as usual. I would not say a debate that is very relevant to the various markets and operations of EasyJet is clogging the thread.

The point I think you may be missing is that in any case, short transit times is not an appreciation but most often a fundamental aspect of business travel. This is reflected in EasyJet's choice of airports across it's entire network by it's strategy of using primary airports in close proximity to the city they serve.

I don't regard SENs hotel, car parking or business lounge facilities as detrimental for business travellers.

Neither do I but the point is that the larger airports have a far greater range of services aimed at different travel markets with various options available that best suit ones needs. Remember that business travellers are much less flexible than leisure and often have very specific needs which based on this, the larger airports are more likely to meet.

No one is suggesting that Southend's provision of services and facilities is detrimental but it lacks that same level of choice. In modern day aviation travel one of the most crucial aspects for a successful and profitable operation is to provide choice! This is especially applicable to business travel to suit those very specific needs!

This is why I was initially very displeased and still am to a certain degree that EasyJet cut so much capacity at Stansted, because it was taking the choice away from consumers!!

The nature of Southend mainly due to its size is that the choice of services and facilities provided cannot and will not be on par with those at the other London airports. That is why all that demand you mention to BFS and EDI from the wider London area who do have a choice of four airports are not choosing Southend!

The fact of the matter is that the rail services are unlikely to change and whilst that is likely to adversely effect the appeal to business travel, I think the root of the issue goes much further than early morning rail services from the capital.