PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Love flying, not keen on dying :))
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2013, 20:41
Dave Wilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyesup may I ask a serious question? Do you analyse the risk of driving to the same extent as you do flying? If not, why not? What about climbing the ladder to clear out the guttering come Autumn?

If you are not a troll, and I'm seriously beginning to doubt it then I would stay away from aviation, simply because of the enormous stress it is going to place on you. That, believe it or not is not meant to be a slight against you. You may reply that you are trying to assess the risks as a father (I'm the father of two and the grandfather of three, I take my eight year old grandson flying), but if it worries you so much then why do you want to do it? It is risky, everything has risk involved. If you need to define and assess the risk as much as you seemingly want to, then may I respectfully suggest that aviation is probably not for you.

Being a pilot seems to demand a certain personality type, and I'm not a psychologist, just reflecting on the people I know who are pilots. You have to ask yourself if you are of that personality type.