PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer
Thread: BA Cityflyer
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2013, 00:23
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiny bit spotter yeah but I also know a couple of people who travel to london with work quite a lot and the last 3 times my mam was down she's been in the vicinity of LCY, and flights have been cheaper than the train, but they always go for the train because of the trek into London.

I can't quantify the drop but I don't remember the last time they went up and I think BA just got rid of 1 daily flight for Summer 2014 anyway.

After I posted I thought, same principal, could they introduce LCY flights, then rearrange LHR flights around it?

I know Eastern didn't do too well but did they not have terrible schedules? I don't remember them but I'm sure I read an archived a.net thread about dreadful timing, constant delays on their D328, terrible maintenence, high costs, lack of advertising etc etc etc... British Airways is also very very well known at both ends so similar adverts to the anti BA campaigns that East Coast has on the radio for example could work. 30 minute check in at both ends (no baggage) and free fast track at NCL, lounge access, 1 hour flight, 10 minutes plane to kerb at LCY and straight on the DLR into London. Then again what do I know... I just figured there must be somewhere between 304-456 passengers per day NCL-LCY-NCL that this could appeal to... Those E-jets are pretty fuel efficient too...

Cheers for your feedback anyway, I guess it explains why NCL doesn't have a LCY service.