PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2013, 23:56
Ollie Onion

Received 206 Likes on 68 Posts
So far the QF staff have been treated with 'soft gloves' compared to what Willie did when he started at BA.

Within 2 years of being there he had 'restructured' ground staff and engineering. Made 78 pilots redundant (voluntarily) and totally restructured the pilot pay structure leading to around an 8 - 10% pay cut straight off the bat. He has since managed to restructure the pay again for flight crew leading to much lower yearly increments and the introduction of much 'cheaper' cadets.

Also in this time he let the Cabin Crew go on strike, keep the airline flying using ground staff who were EP trained at short notice, sacked the two main union organises from the Cabin Crew for very very minor indiscretions. The result of this was a brand new cabin crew fleet who were paid much less, worked harder and are promoted by merit not seniority.

It would appear that so far Alan has talked the talk but has failed to actually take any meaningful action. This is what I find the most confusing, all the messages coming from HQ are the same that Willie sent out, Willie followed it up though with fairly decisive action. Alan seems to be wandering around like a headless chook, I am suprised the board have put up with the 'lack' of action, makes me think that there must be a 'plan' that they are all privy too and we are just in the phase of getting all the 'ducks in a row'. Either that or the board and management are actually clueless??? probably a 50/50 between which one.