PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2013, 15:58
LastPastthePost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is what I got. Reading it is like a rollercoaster ride:

Thank you for attending your recent assessment for the British Airways Future Pilot Programme at the CAE Oxford Aviation Academy. We hope that you found the day challenging but enjoyable. As I am sure you will have realised from your time with us, not only are we seeing a large number of candidates but they are of exceptional quality.

I hope it was also apparent from the time you spent here, that customer service is very important to every one of us and for that reason we are writing to all of the candidates who we have seen so far. Understandably, waiting for news of the outcome of the assessment can be a very anxious time, particularly over Christmas and whilst we are not in a position to provide definitive answers in all cases, we can remove the anxiety, one way or the other, for some.

As of today, we have seen a little more than half of the candidates that we have invited for interview, in numbers terms that means that we have assessed several hundred against the British Airways criteria and as such we are in a position to make some decisions.

At this moment in time there are a number of candidates who have not met the British Airways criteria or that required for consideration for our own Airline Pilot Programme. Sadly we will not be taking these applications forward. We realise that those in this group will be very disappointed but we think it better that you know rather than be kept waiting for weeks until the end of the process.

There is a second group of candidates who have not met the very specific requirements of the British Airways programme; however we have assessed them as having the potential to train as an airline pilot through our APP FO course. Whilst these candidates will not be continuing with British Airways we would like to discuss their options with them.

Finally, there is a group of candidates who for the time being, remain in our considerations for British Airways, however we have several hundred more candidates to assess and a substantial number of those currently being considered will drop out of the mix as stronger candidates become available.

We have a limit on the number of candidates to present to British Airways and only the very best will make it onto our final list. If at this time we indicate to you that you are still in our considerations it does NOT mean that you have made it through to the final BA selection. We will be writing to you once we have assessed ALL of the candidates to advise whether or not you will be going forward.

in your particular case, I can advise you that your application is still under consideration. As I have clearly stated above, we still have a large number of candidates to assess and you should NOT take this letter as an indication that you will be going forward to the final selection.