PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all Chinook Types.
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2013, 15:30
DSquadron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

We've been working Wokkas for years and I myself have fitted the offending articles yonks ago when the Mk 3s first got here, Its just now we're going to carrying out certain tasks that have to be by the numbers and report on it, we need to have a correct sanctioned bit of kit in place or at least write a risk assessment for using some other sort of staging that will do. There is a bit of kit in inventory for loading the flare mags as we did the development trials for it a few years ago, a sort of clip on ladder affair that worked pretty good. all I really wanted to know is that if the US Army have been loading them up, do they use a certain bit of kit that maybe we could get hold of. BTW fleetlands would be using their usual staging which is basically scaffolding as is the the major servicing platforms used by the RAF not very useful for using in the field. Thanks for all your help tho dudes.
Oh P.S. We got some guys off at Odiham today doing a visit to look at the aircraft fit (bless 'em they dont get to see many helicopters!) so the boys will tell them what they've got there.