PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entering autos: discussion split from Glasgow crash thread
Old 16th Dec 2013, 07:59
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
John Dixon and John Eacott - the very fact is has taken you both a few posting to explain the numbers.......and then qualify that by saying you need to be close to the ground at low NR is testament to the utterly misleading and dangerous content of your posts.

Nick Lappos preaches "follow the RFM limitations"

No helicopter I am aware off has a power off limitation in the 60% range.

You cannot have it both ways.

Honestly I cannot believe the stupidity of such posts that seem determined to disprove what has clearly been proven on so many occasions with extensive loss of life. Quite possibly again at Glasgow.

I have a high regard for test pilots but the crap spouted on this last few pages makes me seriously wonder f that regard is misplaced.

Maybe Peter is right when he says "Cyclic Back" is a secret. You lot seem oblivious to its merits.

FYI - LOW RPM AT HEIGHT IS A STONE COLD KILLER. All helicopter pilots know this and every one should be taught how to avoid and recover from this situation.

Talking numbers beyond that published in the RFM and clearly printed on the NR gauge demonstrates that you know the price of everything and the value of nothing. This chest beating arse was responsible for the demise of the S92 in Newfoundland! Rubbish beyond the content of the RFM spouted by people who should know better.

DB