PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entering autos: discussion split from Glasgow crash thread
Old 14th Dec 2013, 19:17
Senior Pilot
Chief Bottle Washer

Received 182 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by 170'
What is it Nick! You can’t accept that you’re a test pilot/engineer and Sikorsky salesman and have minimal experience in bush work with light and medium helicopters. Which constitutes the biggest part of the industry numerically I guess.

You have a tremendous knowledge about the flight test, development and theory end of this business and I won’t get into a head-butting contest with you in your specialized arena. I’d be taking a knife to a gunfight!

But you are not the all-knowing guru in all aspects of this business, regardless of the lavish praise placed on you by many. I don’t think you have any idea what it’s like for most guys working in the less rarefied atmosphere.
I’d like to know when was the last time you worked a machine in the typical end user mode. Excluding military and offshore clients?
Before you embarrass yourself any further, I strongly suggest that you research Nick's background before he became a test pilot.

He does know what he is talking about as an all round helicopter pilot and good egg.