PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entering autos: discussion split from Glasgow crash thread
Old 14th Dec 2013, 18:47
170'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is it Nick! You can’t accept that you’re a test pilot/engineer and Sikorsky salesman and have minimal experience in bush work with light and medium helicopters. Which constitutes the biggest part of the industry numerically I guess.

You have a tremendous knowledge about the flight test, development and theory end of this business and I won’t get into a head-butting contest with you in your specialized arena. I’d be taking a knife to a gunfight!

But you are not the all-knowing guru in all aspects of this business, regardless of the lavish praise placed on you by many. I don’t think you have any idea what it’s like for most guys working in the less rarefied atmosphere.
I’d like to know when was the last time you worked a machine in the typical end user mode. Excluding military and offshore clients?
------------
Chest beating - your childish response when cornered?

170’ is just my preferred line length when working 100% legally in an OGE hover in the bush, ever hear of part 133?

Where does taxing driving fit in? Where do passengers. Where do you tube videos?

I work much of the time in a hover between 100 and 230’completely legally and I did it in H models and 205’s for many years, so I guess I spent a lot of time contemplating the HV diagram or dead man’s curve as you prefer.

Not everyone flies high end state of the art equipment, not everyone wants to! Some people are very happy bumming around in Huey’s and whatnot and refuse to be bullied by someone beginning to believe the admiration fawned on him by rookies.

There's no doubt that the IP's in Penticton are experts, but because they are, they help the rest of us to survive in a world of under-powered older machines, because that's what many of the rest of us fly! And in spite of your consistent comments that everyone should upgrade to the latest and greatest gear, the working end of the market can't or won't support it financially.

I post very rarely, and typically only about the work I do. External load operations.

You on the other hand are an expert on everything! and jumped in half cocked saying bull**** like:

1) The Dead Man's Curve is a decent guide to how much trouble you are in. If below 250 to 300 feet AGL when the engine quits at a hover, you WILL crash.

I pointed out that this is done daily, and rather than let it slide you had to jump in and try to bluff your way thru it with insults and bravado!