PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QantasLink B717 PPrune Charter
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2003, 17:12
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Devil

Methinks Torres, that you have more than just a passing interest in this thread

One of the most memorable and believable ones that I recall happened in Brisbane almost 20 years ago, when the Dean Brothers were being employed to demolish some of Brisbane's landmark buildings. They would, covertly and unannounced, commence work late at night or in the very early hours of the morning, so that by 8 or 9 am the building was almost completely destroyed, much to the chagrin of Brisbanites.
Anyway, one morning on April 1st, a radio station (I think the announcer was Wayne Roberts) advised its listeners that the Breakfast Creek Hotel - the much admired Brekkie Creek - had become a victim of the Dean's big metal ball.

Apparently all roads leading to The Creek (and at that time Brisbane Airport) were almost immediately jammed by irate drivers who were going to go and "thump the bejeezass" out of the Deans and Joe Bjelke. The radio stations similarly had their switchboards jammed as people rang in to angrily voice their abuse.

Actually I thought about posting one as well, Torres, saying that PPRuNe had placed an offer with Richard Branson to become a second major partner with Patricks, in Virgin Blue. However a few mates dropped in, and come noon time I was still feeling a bit the worse for wear - Aussie red is probably cheaper here than it is back home, which makes it taste eeeeeeeven better!!

Have you had any nibbles, as a matter of interest?