PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entering autos: discussion split from Glasgow crash thread
Old 12th Dec 2013, 09:43
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Helicomparator: PLease please do me the courtesy of reading my post very carefully. DO NOT add words that did not exist in the original script. I have chosen my words carefully. I chose the word: LEAD not DUMP. Do you understand the difference between the two and why the use of the word 'dump' (apart from the obvious!!) would lead to all sorts of confusion in the cockpit.
The descriptions are simply explained, they could not be more succinct I would suggest but adding strange volatile words like "dumping the collective" will of course trash the purpose of my message.

You know and all of us know that the physical act of initiating the immediate actions after an engine(s) failure is done in a co-ordinated and smooth fashion whether we are in the hover or cruise. Whether one selects aft cyclic or retain its present position is a matter of choice (IN THE CRUISE) dependent on reaching the landing spot, but (a) it is NOT compulsory to select aft cyclic and (b) it is dangerous to do so from the hover.

Your comment about Old Pilot are inaccurate, yet again you fail to read what is written correctly. At NO point does he mention AFT cyclic...................in fact what he talks about is the aspect of this procedure being kept a secret. C'mon now HC read carefully please?

Double Bogey....Interesting comments:
Helicomparitor. I agree 100% with your last post. By the time most of us have recognised what has happened, aft cyclic is definitely required almost simultaneously. I think PGs post is a little naive thinking we do it know this but technically sound.

I do not have much experience on smaller helis anymore but I do remember a 500 foot hover throttle chop exercise in the B206 OPC required for filming. Lever fully down, nose fwd for some speed
Fascinating......