PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 18:22
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passing strange ways of grown ups.

When I was very young, the Alice in Wonderland story seemed to be set in a very strange world indeed. Happily after a bit of guidance it all made sense; I expect the ways of the political world will eventually make sense. But at the moment, 'tis a puzzle.

The Regulatory review was scheduled in the Senate yesterday afternoon. Having both the time and (passing) interest, I watched the telecast....Baffled -...When Hansard comes out, I'll try to make more sense of it all; but looking back at yesterdays notes I have to say I just don't get it.

There were 'Albo and white paper' songs of praise; chorus led by Stearle. Up until then I had a modicum of respect for the man but as I listened, it dawned on me. These folk have not the first blind clue. No one properly briefed could make such speeches, unless it's a game of positioning. But the rest of the speakers, even ol' McDonald, left the feeling that a well polished turd was about to be put in a glass case and parked on the posterity shelf.

Probably my own fault, shouldn't have listened. My hope is that they were clearing the decks for a retrospective "Oh really – I am so surprised" speech... They all 'begged leave' to speak again later. Anyway – we shall wait for the trusty Hansard, perhaps that stalwart can un-riddle that which puzzles me, bit like Alice's tale when I was younger.....

Last edited by Kharon; 2nd Dec 2013 at 18:29. Reason: Still scratching the ol' wooden head.