PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2013, 18:22
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pilothouse; I can't comment much about your letter to customer relations. However, I emailed easyJet and got a nonsense reply, I emailed again and got another, non reply... the issue was as follows for interest sake.

Since easyJet upgraded its website recently, it no longer stores pass port details, i.e. for advanced passenger information, for travelling to/from countries such as Spain. It use to be the case that when you logged into my easyjet, via their website and selected your booking, you could click on enter advanced passenger information, then then as I'd entered before for me and family members it would give each name in a drop down list and I just had to select the appropriate name. This was no matter which computer I logged in from i.e. it was on more than 1 computer I would access the information.

I explained in my email that reinstating this functionality (and BA have it, enter once and it's there for next times) it would save time and make the process more quick and simple. I.e. not having to enter the passport number and other info each time. I printed boarding cards 4 times in 1 week and had on 4 different occasions to enter the same info.

Anyway, the first reply was, this functionality is not available. So I thought captain obvious, that why I emailed. The second reply told me this is not available and if it was in the past it was to do with cookies on my computer. It went on to explain that 'it is necessary that you provide this details when travelling to and from Spain'.

Sounds like the first reply was taking the piss!

What a nonsense reply. easyJet in my experience is all about making their processes better. But this is all well good internally i.e. they improve processes, but with customer feedback channel, I feel that the receiver of the information either doesnt understand what it actually means or they do not know who internally to pass it to....

Disappointing. Though this seems like a trivial matter, it exemplifies the approach to processing feedback...
No, it is an important point, APIS is required for many countries.

Perhaps you should put this on social media, apparently doing so usually illicits sensible responses from high-up management. Cannot state which one, as once saved the word is changed to PPRUNE (copyright issues?), but am thinking of the one with the bird.

I can't comment on specific experiences but I can assure that feedback about crew, both positive and negative, gets fed back to crew including individuals. Make no mistake about that. You can also e-mail Carolyn direct. Inevitably there will be someone screening the e-mails i'm sure but I know people who have had personal responses and she often comments via her communications about specific feedback she has received.
On the other hand, perhaps try this first......