PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2013, 18:24
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Games worth a candle.

Sarcs # 90 –"OBS2 from the first 2 pages at least, the subject matter (RRP drifting along forever) is an inherently Australian reoccurring issue i.e. other NAA's have either resolved their version of RRP or didn't have a problem in the first place'.

This certainly is the big question, thousands of words, hundreds of pages and only the gods know how much money has been thrown at 'it'. Why has reform not happened?. As Sarcs points out, there have been some very wise heads provide options and answers, present great submissions and even offered to help. The search string gives you all of this, in spades.

Time to answer the 200 million dollar question. Why has the RRP drifted along? The answers are not in the search string, you need to go one step further to reach Nirvana. Track backwards from the outcome – in the space (where no one can hear you scream) between the published official result sent out and the carefully prepared submissions going in. A mysterious transition occurs. The time honoured process of Ozfucation has been refined to a black art wherein diversion, fear, mystique, dilution and masterful deception are prerequisites of the game. Beware Grasshopper, the treasure can be winkled out but the protection of secrets in the Murky Machiavellian underworld is fierce.

I would be cautious about the 'lobbying' of the non aligned. While I mildly agree in principal with Creamy, we are not privy to the internal machinations or the wheels within wheels of political life. Indications are that despite some furious internal manoeuvring the servants of the public are not going to have it all their own way. With a bit of luck, history will not be allowed to repeat. I will await the Fawcett drafted ministerial response to Pel Air, that will tell the tale and perhaps indicate whether it is worthwhile writing a submission.

Just an afterthought, but a simple one sentence email is a great idea. The AAAA, AHIA, RAAA and AMROBA will be making well drafted, sensible submissions; the IOS could send a note of support for any or all of these. Much better than bashing out a half arsed submission doomed to become shelf-ware. Nice one Creamy.....

Last edited by Kharon; 28th Nov 2013 at 18:34. Reason: Sarcs RSVP – delighted to attend BRB bash, it will give the elephants a nice day out.