PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2013, 02:02
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Gotta love the internet!

Creamy:
My apologies.

I thought that pointing out what I consider to be the only remotely realistic and practical way of bringing about real change might be helpful.

And you wonder why GA in Australia is treated like a doormat.
The Minister's rep at the Sup Estimates...

..."Senator SINODINOS: I think we are in furious agreement..."

Perhaps we (concerted we..) should be lobbying Senator X (if he is not already) to lobby and educate the independent Senators elect so that they are fully briefed and onside prior to the Govt response to the TASRR report/recommendations??

Creamy may think this an exercise in abject futility... " Now that [the Regulatory Reform Program] has been refocused away from a timely conclusion, what is the new completion date and how is it proposed to stop it drifting along forever?"...however I am of the firm belief that there is still much to learn from history and human (repeated) mistakes of the past.

To that end...a little birdy, called P3.5 (fellow lover of history, fine wines and trolling the internet), sent me a link for an internet search that he initiated while compiling a timeline (how droll??) of the RRP, which brings up some interesting observations: Aviation Safety Regulatory Review Taskforce

Sarcs note: OBS1 is there have been multiple such reviews, of similar titles, dating back to the mid 90's (no surprises there I guess); OBS2 from the first 2 pages at least, the subject matter (RRP drifting along forever) is an inherently Australian reoccurring issue i.e. other NAA's have either resolved their version of RRP or didn't have a problem in the first place.

Ok just cherry-picking some of the search entries it becomes obvious that throughout the industry there are some extremely experienced wise old heads amongst us, all with common themes, concerns and solutions to fix the RRP bug bear that is slowly but surely strangling the GA industry.

Example: The AAA Forum Aviation Policy

It is also obvious that if industry cannot show a unified approach then Creamy's prophesy, on the outcome of the TASRR, will come true and it will be yet another wasted opportunity.... In sticking with the Greek/Roman theme Aesop once wrote in his fable, The Four Oxen and the Tiger..."United we conquer, divided we fall" ...

And a quote from aforementioned The AAA Forum Aviation Policy:
The Australian Aviation Associations’ Forum is an alliance of Australia’s major peak aviation associations to ensure the industry presents a united voice to government on key aviation issues and policy, characterised by expertise and the widest possible representation of people and organisations involved in aviation.
IMO (and in 'furious agreement' with Creamy) the internet search shows, more than anything else, that we have enough documented evidence and empty worded rhetoric to prove our case, now it is a matter of offering unified solutions to address the endless waste of public funds and the festering cancer that is the RRP...

NOTAM: The BRB's field trip this Sundy will now be convened at the Lake Burley Griffin Yacht Club (RSVP to "K").

Last edited by Sarcs; 28th Nov 2013 at 05:33.