PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dealing with drunk passengers
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2013, 22:34
Lemain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Herod
Lemain. If you want to penalise the many because of the mistakes of the few, why don't we insist that everyone has to have a breath test in their drive before taking the car out? Oh, and before leaving work to drive home, coming from the supermarket........
I don't want to penalise anyone and I'm as fond of a drink as the next man. It's already accepted that for all practical purposes the drink/fly limit is zero. You'd be mad to risk your career squeaking just outside a test when such a tiny amount is permitted in any case. So there is no penalty for flight crew. Just blow into the Intoximeter and away. It would remove all the nonsense and whispered comments about so-and-so thinking they smelt drink on the captain or FO. A huge gain for essentially zero loss and would pick up the tiny number who have become, sadly, out of control.

Testing all passengers or all car drivers is totally different. It'll probably come to that one day, but hopefully I'll be well and truly over the yard-arm by then