PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2013, 18:38
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curious – yet again.

Scary business this thinking lark; a man should never start it. Always amazes me, how little I know about the 'way' of matters which can affect so many are managed and how much faith and trust we must, of necessity, have in the folk responsible.

CP# 6 –"The report of the ‘Review’ has already been drafted."
With a bit of luck, Creamy is probably 80% correct. The hope of course is, that the report recommends a six month warning bell of a six month lead up to the NZ (or similar) rules being adopted. It is the right fix for so many reasons. Supported (gods willing) by a DAS and a team with the right stuff to make sure the adoption is as painless as possible.
DS# 15 –"Now we need to change the Act to reflect reality"
The regulation mess rightly gets all the attention; but now I wonder, while we are at it, would/could /should/ the Acts be repealed. How does that work? does the parliament approve 'the Act' and do the regulations depend on the Act for their horsepower? Too much for my wooden head, but I'm curious now. Apart from the foster and promote etc. amendments do we need to change the Act??. Anyone??

I know a couple of acts that are in desperate need of some serious attention; but that'll keep....

Good to see you back Sunny...