PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2013, 14:35
Blu3wolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, DFR told me I could not talk to AVMED directly. They said I had to write a letter to appeal..

I was made class 4 based on my medical questionnaire, over in perth they dont even do a medical until assessment day. they said that the asthma meant I could not even do the Pilot Aptitude Testing until I got approval from AVMED, and refused to even tell me what I had been made class 4 over until I spoke to a nurse in person.

The nurse was particularly offensive and unhelpful, and tried to imply that I had lied on my medical questionnaire and to nurses, so I am not really thrilled with DFR's conduct up to this point.

still, she told me that I would have to prove that I did not have asthma on my own, and offered no input as to how it could be handled. I went to a GP to ask how I could prove I did not have asthma, this is the first I have heard of a standard asthma challenge test.

I guess I need to talk to AVMED direct, and probably make a complaint about DFR's perth office. still fairly hesitant to go that far, but they seem to be doing their best to discourage anyone from doing anything...