PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From airline to corporate jet pilot
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2013, 00:10
VH DSJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From airline to corporate jet pilot

I'm thinking of making the transition from airline pilot to corporate jet. Apart from the obvious differences, like the adhoc nature of corporate jet flying, what other differences are there from those who have made the transition? I know, on the whole, the differences may depend on specific company operating procedures, but as I have little experience in this matter, I'd be interested in having an insight on how things are done generally in the corporate jet world. In particular;

1. I've been told that corporate pilots fly a lot less than airline pilots. Roughly, how many hours a month are people averaging out there?

2. Loading and balance - are there dispatchers or is the loadsheet task done by the pilots?

3. Ground handling, are the pilots generally organizing fuel from themselves, ie contacting the refuellers and paying the bills, or are there ground handlers that do this?

4. Catering, again are there ground handlers that do this?

As I said above, I realize that all this may be different for different companies, but I'm just after a general overview and how it is for the company that you fly for.