PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Travel Claims - Where to Draw the Line?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2013, 08:25
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
TOFO, to a point I agree. I said once before I was offered two 1771 at the same time by two SNCO for same-way same day journeys for the same purpose. They used subtly different starting places but as I knew the area I knew they were only a quarter mile apart. One had times of 30 minutes for a 30 mile journey; the other was more realistic. I rejected them and they were not resubmitted to me.

However on hypocrisy, we know that often there were more legitimate extra expenditures where claims were either inadmissible or inadequate, the Rates IV and V were IMHO the most likely causes.

For our MPs and VSOs etc, and Captains of Industry we expect probity and leadership.

I invariably upgraded myself to 1st Class rail travel at my own expense when the rules were duplicitous - I could travel 1st if with a sqn ldr, or in uniform and seen to be an officer, or with 'men' when again I would be known to be an officer. Naturally I didn't claim the excess.