PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA to ANAC?
Thread: FAA to ANAC?
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2013, 11:43
HFTB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ FlyingSwiss

I was at Campo De Marte last week and have been advised by the schools, ANAC and ABRAPHE that i cannot convert to a CPL. They said this is a recent change. Because the law states only Brazilian citizens or naturalised citizens can undertake paid employment, unless you meet these requirements ANAC no longer sees the logic in issuing a CPL to a person unable to exercise the privilege. Even if you marry a citizen it will take 10 years to naturalize. I don't mind part-time, instruction or fuel rat work to fill in the time until my other job in AUS desert starts again.

That said, i will continue to try and post feedback here. The paperwork here is a nightmare. It took me 10 days at the federal police to get ID bc they have nfi. They even requested a letter from the Australian consulate confirming i am an australian citizen despite having a valid and current australian passport. I have been issued with the protocolo....and been advised the cedula takes 8 months to someone to print the plastic so will wait and see. I'm not sure you can apply for the RNE abroad, the CPF and visa yes....they've activated mine from 10 years ago and still was a challenge. But document requirements, laws and process here change daily....luck of the draw on which person is sitting at the desk when you arrive with your documents.