PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are military trained Helicopter pilots overrated?
Old 24th Mar 2003, 16:02
Bunnion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attention ex military pilots

Hate to burst some peoples egos but have to get this off my chest as I come up against it all too regularly.
In case it hasnt been stated before, ex military pilots are NOT by birthright better that civvie trained pilots.
I have flown all over the world on single and two crew operations with pilots from all backgrounds and experience levels, good ones and bad ones. Most of the the good ones would have been good even if they were thrown a helicopter and told to figure it out for themselves. The bad ones will still be bad regardless of all the resources and institutions through which they may have progressed. Furthemore the most annoying people to work with are those who are crap but have never realized it because they still believe the BS they were told on day one.
So regardless if you are ex army ex navy ex North Sea or ex space shuttle lets all not lose sight of the fact that we are all only as good as our next flight and either way none of this is rocket science.