PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas poised to inject millions into Jetstar Japan
Old 7th Nov 2013, 05:52
lc_461

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess the shareholders don't get a lot of say in the matter.... But why are the boardmembers falling into line like sheep?
All we hear in the trenches is that International is bleeding money
Seriously?
There is one QF flight to Narita/Tokyo per day from Australia ..... One !
It leaves from Sydney and is always full as a fat girls sock
If dollars have to go somewhere, how give us an ex-Melbourne or ex-Brisbane like we did before, and not feed Jet* ex-Gold Coast through Cairns
It grills my cheese to see this unfolding, but he'll probably hand the old ex-ML, BN, PH to Narita over to JAL
There goes our flying, and there goes QANTAS international

There are currently no direct links between BNE and Japan. JQ runs daily [maybe?] flights to NRT and KIX from OOL.. I don't have time to look it up now, but BITRE stats show that the Japan routes on JQ regularly sit below 70% load factor for most of the year... combine that with plenty of 2 for 1 sales... not sure how profitable the routes are for the ammmmmmaaaazing business.

On the other hand -- as mentioned above -- the daily QF NRT flight usually goes out full on a 744 -- is a nightmare to staff travel on and is above 86% load factor for most of the year..

Why they don't have another flight or to BNE/MEL escapes me.. even a couple of days a week..