PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - terrorist dry runs?
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2013, 07:53
woodja51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knives on planes

BTW the TSA were proposing allowing knives back on planes with blades less than 2 inches ... And other things like baseball bats...

They decided not to after the "noknivesonplanes " and FAA union folks got all uppity ... I guess the AR-15 assault rifle thru security must be okay after LAX ??

The point is that prescribed systems have flaws , but so do outcomes based ones... There is no simple fix , but tools of the trade are generally accepted items... So a screwdriver would work , but a knife , no . ( oh and by the way the weapon of choice for thugs is often a screwdriver as you can buy really long ones that will go straight thru someone... Much easier than a knife with a long blade in fact )

But its all academic as perhaps half the worlds widebody airliners can be breached via the flight deck door carrying nothing thru security at all. Just ask Boeing about the electronics hatch that is in the cabin area and unlocked.. But I have banged away at this before so getting tired of hearing myself as the "swiss army knife police" reckon they have it sorted.