PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI REGIONAL-2
Thread: BMI REGIONAL-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2013, 23:42
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relating specifically to NCL, I think that there are some routes that BM operate which would slot in quite nicely at NCL, and with the correct amount of advertising definitely have potential, although I think that some would need codeshares to have any hope of working. But something was mentioned earlier saying that codeshares often don't work because the larger airline gets the biggest percentage cut of the money, rather than BM being paid for each booking, or is that specifically related to an alliance context? I think that re-joining Star would kill off Bmi for good. Thank God there is no talk of it.

But some of the routes I think have potential from Newcastle are:

-Oslo, a route I think NCL has been missing for quite a while, of course Ryanair have failed twice but you cant really say they actually flew to Oslo, apart from the fact the airports had "Oslo" written on them. Would probably need SK/WF codeshare.

-Milan, although I think they would stand in better stead to operate from Linate for business passengers, but I understand it is quite expensive.

-Norwich, I don't know personally but it was mentioned on the Newcastle thread that it is ranked number 1 on some list saying that there is demand for a service from NCL. MAN is 2nd but I think that's too much of a risk for BM, what do you think?

If they build up the "critical mass" they need, and set up a proper crew base and everything I think that Esbjerg, Kristiansand and Lyons could maybe work. NCL-Scandinavia always used to be a big market I am led to believe. Bergen would be nice but BM don't fly there.

The above is being extremely optimistic by the way. I'd like to see them work, but have my doubts. Quite a lot of them.