PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who represents GA to government in Australia?
Old 1st Nov 2013, 02:47
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AUD $00.20

This is one of those posts I know I'll regret; but there is a gentle zephyr of change wafting through the corridors of power; thus encouraged:-

Dear Horatio, I do admire that you want to 'do': to try and make things better; I really do. But the collective 'group' vehicle is beyond all repair. The vehicle has been repaired, only to be broken so often now that it's beyond practical redemption. (No, Minnie, it will not just buff out).

Australian GA is too small, diverse, selfish and fractured to ever gain serious traction, despite many repeated group 'best' efforts, going back as far the Wright boys. GA has only done well where there is a regulator with insight, knowledge, understanding with a minister supporting, at the moment, we have neither. Have a look at where the 'reformation' process was heading before Albo was conned into believing; the 2007 recommendations are almost identical to the recent Senate findings. Passing strange that it should be retrieved now, under FOI; someone is working hard behind the scenes, using the FOI act and preparing for 'awkward' questions. See here.... and where brother SARCS has nailed it down.. here.

I believe the commission of inquiry is needed -(as promised), the appointment of a junior minister with the balls to use a large, sharp knife and the vitals of a few assorted sociopaths and psychopaths in a bucket, hung high, for all to see. Then if we get lucky, really lucky, we may get a DAS who knows how to do the job properly (e.g. M. Smith Esq. if available, or a look alike). Then watch, the culture of fear will vanish – overnight, the mantra of 'blood on your hands' will disappear like mist and the rule of the pedants, the inutile and the dubious will be over..

A decent DAS will root out for the law to punish, those who hide behind their perceived autocracy. A new DAS and a couple of lost houses will curb the cowardly pack. This would allow the 'good eggs', to get on with administering a small, diverse group of aviators with an even, practical hand. Targeting enhanced safety, job security and operational knowledge through working with industry, rather using it as personal piggy bank and/or whipping boy.

Perhaps there's more to gained by researching who would make a great DAS, nominating that person and reminding Mr. Truss of the promises made and his obligation to keep them....(lest he forget)..

Selah.

Last edited by Kharon; 1st Nov 2013 at 03:00. Reason: Money well spent.