PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2013, 22:47
momo95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nelson15,

Its naive of you to think that doing anything in this business isn't without risk. It looks like you've missed the last batch of ba cadets not long ago who also took nearly just as long to actually start. I mentioned qatar's massive aircraft order which is already starting to materialise and so there is considerably less risk of that happening with qatar this time. Qatar have 175 aircaft on order compared to ba's 59, qatar will clearly have a larger pilot demand and so pose less risk, unless ba are having a mass exodus over the next 2 years. But as i said, there is this risk with ALL programmes. Following your logic we shouldn't join any programme then if that's your stance.

Also, i just said qatar have medical cover, i don't see how that translates as me saying that ba don't !!

"I don't know why anyone would turn down BA, join another outfit to then join BA at a later date, right back at the bottom of the seniority list again!"

I said "may return to the Uk" !!, I just mentioned it as a potential option, which it is. That ISN'T my plan.
I would still love to work for BA though and it was also my childhood dream to do so. And again, staying in the uk is a massive attraction.

Though tbh it's highly unlikely many of us are gonna end up having a choice.

Last edited by momo95; 28th Oct 2013 at 23:10.