PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Screening Officer Powers / Authorisations
Old 28th Oct 2013, 08:07
Rbwoonton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spot on. Usually when you approach the load person at the bench and place your bag on that bench you are complying with having your bag screened. If there is a prohibited item seen on the X-ray we then identify the owner, ask for consent to search the bag. This is actually saying "can I look in your bag" and not " I need to look in your bag" which everyone says, so keep us on our toes and turn around and say "well no you can't"

If this is the case we would usually look at you strangely to which you'd say, "you need my permission/consent first".

Everything we do, we need YOUR consent first. And that random pat down that you all hate, it is random. I don't know you from a bar of soap. I've never seen you before so don't claim I'm picking on you.

Generally I'm pretty relaxed, I know you guys hate us getting in ya business or stopping you from time to time, it's just the Job I'm paid to do. It pays for my flying so I'm not to bothered.

In saying that not all pax are that bad, but some get really stroppy and throw tantrums.. That's where things get fun