PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2013, 17:35
HundredPercentPlease

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by pilothouse
easyJet... I can see absolutely no sign that you are trying to make the ground journey in any way tolerable.
You had my attention with this. We all believe that the changes we have made to the product have left our contractors looking a bit below par. So I read on...

A lot of people seem to think that the plane outside is ours and some are queueing for it
OK, so passengers queue unnecessarily. I don't get it either, but I just hang back to the end, as if I were on a legacy airline....

After what seems an age, the doors of our prison open and everyone charges out, to join... yes, another queue.
Hmmm, more complaints about uneducated pax...

At Liverpool, as soon as the engines shut down, everyone gets up and yes, you've guessed it, they queue to get off.
And again.

It's all in the hands of easyJet.
Eh? Did I miss the logic link here? How on earth can the airline control this?

Most of our pax fly once a year, so it's going to be a good year before they work out that there's no need to queue any more.

An example is Jet2's check-in area at Manchester. Arrive at the door and your heart will sink as you view the usual 0600 heaving mass of humanity... until you find yourself welcomed by one of an army of red-fleeced assistants who will smooth your path. Suddenly you realise that the whole thing is under control and it doesn't seem so bad.
Sounds like an advert from someone who works for Jet2! What? Ah, you DO work for Jet2! Next thing I'll read is that Jet2 are "user friendly and smooth"...*

To be fair, you should know that the airlines can exert very little real difference on the monopolistic airports when it comes to major infrastructure change.

* Contemporary internet meme.