PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Studying for PPL exams
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2013, 11:23
riverrock83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Note that the exams have recently changed (in the last month) - old versions of question banks wont be representative.

You need to read the material - not just do questions. There is a reason that the exams / theoretical knowledge syllabus exists, and that is to learn about flying. Its true that there are things in there which aren't going to be much use to you, but most of it is. Only look at question banks once you already feel like you know the topic, then use the question banks to confirm your knowledge - not give you it.

The exams shouldn't be seen as barriers to get past before you are allowed to continue, but confirmation of what you know. In the next few years, all students are going to be forced to do X hours of theoretical knowledge tuition (in a variety of media, which could be all face to face or a combination of online / DVD / books / face to face) before they are allowed to take the exams. This is partly to stop those who just hit question banks.

peregrineh - I have drawn my own conclusions. They aren't pretty. I suspect that if someone asked / asks you flying based questions 6 months after you took the exams you wont have a clue. I hope this isn't the case!