PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot says Middle Eastern airline defamed, terminated him
Old 19th Oct 2013, 19:53
av8tordude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll say this and we'll just have to agree to disagree....

No where in my statement did I indicate or suggested I agree with the company policies (written or unwritten). If you go back an re-read what I wrote, how did you and loc22550 conclude I was justifying the company policy? I only offer my reasonable conclusion (assessment) for such polices.

I will agree on a few statements you wrote...

The onus is on the individual alone to manage this rest . Not for the company to impose .
If one is irresponsible to obtain the appropriate amount rest required by regulation, how can one complain about being fatigue.

If there is a violation of regulations(i.e.sleeping on duty) , then deal with the violation
Having a policy that punishing the masses for one person's irresponsible behavior is not the best course of action. It only begets discontent within the ranks.

If they are so concerned about Muslim laws etc. as you claim , why are a significant amount of the cars , in and out of the c/crew accommodations manned by dishdash attired persons .
How would you know this???? Are you a frequent visitor of such locations to have observe such activity? Without insinuating anything, I can only speculate you would have knowledge of such activity existing from general conversation with cabin crew.

That being said...My time here at QR has been "blissful" in comparison to my previous employer, but don't make the mistake or the ASSUmption that I am oblivious to think that when the crap hits the fan, I won't get hit. Unless one has been living a hermit lifestyle and completely disconnected from technology, anyone coming to QR is acutely aware of such unfortunate events occurring at QR.

I'm amaze how so many people criticize the company's behavior, yet offer illogical excuses why one would accept employment at a company known for its treatment of its employees that may conflict with one own moral and ethical values. Do you think criticizing and whining about the companies policies is going to move the company to makes changes. Don't be naive! One must be in a position from within to be able to achieve any reasonable change in the company's policy. Even if one is in such position, it doesn't guarantee one will not find oneself removed from such position by voicing for change.

I offer this advice...First you get along, then you go along, if you want to have any lengthy tenure with this company. If one is conflicted with the company and its policies, I'm sure the company would rather see you happy somewhere else rather than being a disgruntle employee from within.

Last edited by av8tordude; 19th Oct 2013 at 20:04.