PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - terrorist dry runs?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2013, 16:40
Ian W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PiggyBack
My experience immediately post 911 was that the profiling was completely crazy and blatantly racist.

In a queue I was in every non-white in the queue was selected for search, no white was searched. It included a black family who were incredibly loud and american annoying perhaps but given a mum dad and two kids not much of a threat. As I was white I did not get searched myself.

The problem is that if the searches are predictable they lose any value. There are white terrorists of various types.
I am not sure that is how profiling is actually implemented. I was unfortunate to have a really long layover due to a delayed inbound with an arrival time that was always 30 minutes away at an airport that will remain nameless

It was at the time that TSA were carrying out 'random searches' at the departure gates. I watched a particular 4 man team check out three departing aircraft. They obviously had some intel of some sort as they only appeared to be stopping women below the age of 30 and making careful searches of their bags. After their exhausting hour at the gate they were replaced with a team that was all female - this group obviously had different intel as they were searching young men.

It does not increase ones sense of 'security'